28 February 2023
A careers event – 23rd Feb 2022
We gathered a group of supporting companies and industrial collaborators who came to present the vacancies they have in their companies as well as to give us a personal perspective about their own journeys.
The panel, facilitated by our Executive Director Dr Carmen Torres-Sanchez, included:
- Dr Alejandra Matamoros, Technology manger in Digital Engineering at The MTC
- Hannah Steadman, Recruitment coordinator at TWI
- Beverley Stalton, director of Human Resources at HSSMI
- Rene de Jong, Senior Research Engineer at Arm
- Dr Sherry Ghanizadeh, Technical Consultant at Lucideon
- Dr Alan Arthur, Chief Technical Officer at GTMA
- Paul Wheeler, Managing Director at Elementar UK
In a complementary fashion, the panel came together and gave a different perspective of their ‘non-linear’ journeys, a lesson on why attitude and ‘fresh-pair’ of eyes matter, and that a steep learning curve makes you grow, rather than bogs you down, if you are prepared to raise to the challenge. They spoke about how we sometimes we put limits to ourselves, in your heads, and one can achieve whatever one wishes - provided you know what you want to do.
The panel included representatives from large and small companies, particularly the latter, because the CDT-EI supports local and small businesses in the UK. That’s very much what we have been doing in the past 7 years of operation. The CDT-EI has been a platform to bring together SMEs and researchers so they could work together solving problems.