All CDT-EI projects represent an intellgent engineering application such as:
- The exploitation of new technology within an industrial domain to increase efficiency and performance of processes.
- Implementation of intelligent systems to gather data and make informed decisions to aid processes.
- Implementations to support agile supply chain decision making to ultimately increase competitiveness of whole value chain.
- Using gathered information and derived knowledge to support upstream predictive modelling.
- Use of embedded intelligence on product to aid visibility between supply chain partners and to allow a unique product history to develop.
- Enabling embedded intelligence in current process assets, e.g. low level software and interfacing to allow integration (e.g. DL and API creation to allow interfacing with machine controllers and factory systems).
- Attention to physical configuration of processes to allow cost effective integration of embedded intelligence features, e.g. antennae, smart nodes, and sensors.